What is about?
The ISO 29001 standard defines requirements for the quality management system of organizations engaged in the petrochemical and natural gas sector. It covers the entire production chain from manufacturing to distribution.
The standard was first published in 2003 as ISO / TS 29001, based on a collaboration between the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the American Petroleum Institute (API) to give a reference for the quality system of all organizations that supply goods and services in the sector known as Oil & Gas.
Recently, May 14, 2020, it was revised to include the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 standard
Who Can Benefit from the implementation of ISO 29001:2020 management system?
Any companies involved in the Oil & Gas sector providing the following services:
– research, production, transport and refining of oil and natural gas products
– design, manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, systems and structures
– supply of components
– provision of assistance and repair services for equipment
– supply of technical, operational, support services (eg geological studies, non-destructive tests, etc.)
Why implementation of ISO 29001:2020 can be strategic decision for your business?
Beside the facts that a certified quality management system ISO 9001 is a key and often mandatory element of any company working in the Oil & Gas business, the ISO 29001 in addition focuses primary attention on basic aspects of primary importance for the sector, such as:
– Compliance with engineering and regulatory requirements of customers, main contractors, national and local authorities, etc.
– Project Management
– Supplier management (preventive action to reduce defects, reduction of rejects and waste in the supply chain).
– Conformity to specific safety requirements for products and personnel
Soon ISO 29001-2020 will become mandatory to all companies involved in the Oil & Gas business because the requirements set forth are specific for the quality management systems of organizations operating in the entire production chain of petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Support for the implementation of ISO 29001: 2020 QMS