SIMPLE PRESSURE VESSEL DIRECTIVE SPVD 2014/29/EU
The aim of the directive is to ensure that simple pressure vessels built for the UE market comply with the highest safety requirements to insure the protection of people, pet and properties.
The Directive applies to:
• Newly manufactured pressure vessels produced in series by a manufacturer established in the European Union
• New or used pressure vessels imported from a non-European country
The required physical characteristics of pressure vessel included in 2014/29/EU directive are:
• an internal pressure above 0.5 bar
• Construction materials included to only unalloyed steel or unalloyed and/or annealed aluminium.
• The fluid contained is limited to air or nitrogen only
• Pressure by Volume ratio lower than 3000 Bar-L
By using defined modules, Manufacturers ensure compliance to the essential safety requirements specified in the directive by an assessment procedure carried out by a notified body established in the European Union.
Affixing of the CE marking Manufacturers certify the fulfilment of these requirements.
C&P having obtained the notification for the SPVD Directive (Simple Pressure Vessel Directive) by decree of the Ministry of Economic Development of July 22nd, 2021 reported on the NANDO portal is now able to provide a specific and professional service to Manufacturers who intend to produce Pressure vessels in accordance to the requirements of SPVD at competitive prices in order to meet customer needs.